Cyril Lignac takes us on a journey with this new recipe for cod in Thai broth in preparation for the end of the year party. This is how you do it.
You want to prepare fish for the menu New Years eve ? here is recipe for cod in Thai broth by Cyril Lignac seen in Everyone in the kitchen.
Ingredients for cod in Thai broth by Cyril Lignac
Do you want to cook fish for the holidays? Discover recipe for cod in Thai broth by Cyril Lignac in Everything in the kitchen :
- 4 fresh cod steaks of 130 g per
- 400 g steamed white rice
- 1 peeled cucumber
- 8 porcini mushrooms, washed
- A few leaves of coriander, dill and tarragon
- 15 g half-salted butter
- Olive oil
- Fine salt and ground pepper
For the Thai broth:
- 150 g button mushrooms, washed and cut into strips
- 20 g fresh, peeled ginger
- 2 sticks fresh lemongrass, cut into strips
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and de-sprouted
- ½ red Thai chili
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of tomato puree
- ½ cucumber washed and cut into thick slices
- 1 liter of coconut milk
- 1 liter chicken stock (cubed)
- 50 g nuoc mam sauce
- 10 g icing sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- 50 g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
Cooking cod in Thai broth by Cyril Lignac
Here are the steps to prepare cod in Thai broth from Cyril Lignac as in Everything in the kitchen :
- Cut the ginger into pieces. Pour a splash of olive oil into a pan, add the first 7 elements of the broth (mushrooms, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, chili, tomato concentrate, cucumber) and sweat without coloring. Add the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Let cook for 15 to 20 minutes. At the end of cooking, pass through a fine sieve into another pan and heat. Add nuoc mam sauce, icing sugar and lemon juice. Add the cold butter and mix. Set aside.
- Pour a few drops of olive oil into a hot pan. Add a piece of semi-salted butter and season the fish pieces with fine salt. Color the sides with the foaming butter.
- Cut the cucumber into pieces and the mushrooms into quarters. Carefully mix the vegetables with the preparation of the fish, brown them a little. Then pour some broth over it, cook gently for 7 minutes. Pour the already cooked rice into a pot and add a little broth.
- Place the pieces of fish and the vegetables on the plates. Add the emulsified broth on top, then a few leaves of coriander, dill and tarragon. Serve with hot rice.
Stay connected on Le Journal des Femmes to discover others Cyril Lignac’s recipes in Tous en Cuisine.