Elon Musk suspends new journalist account

The Twitter account of a Washington Post journalist was suspended on Sunday, following Elon Musk’s decision according to her, the day after the restoration of several journalists’ accounts. The multi-billionaire boss invokes a “temporary suspension” linked to the “previous disclosure of personal data”. “Elon Musk has suspended my Twitter account,” Taylor Lorenz, who covers the tech industry for The Washington Post, wrote on his blog. The multi-billionaire head of the platform responded publicly on Twitter that this is a “temporary suspension due to a previous disclosure of personal data from this account” and that this measure “will be lifted soon”. He responded to a user who asked him about the topic.

The journalist is working on a story involving Elon Musk

Taylor Lorenz explains that she asked Elon Musk a question via Twitter for an article she’s writing because she couldn’t reach him through traditional channels. “My colleague Drew Harwell, who has also been suspended, and I are working on a story involving Elon Musk and were hoping to get a comment from him. We have tried to reach him several times by email over the the last few days,” the reporter details. “At 20:30 (01:30 local time) I tried to reach him on Twitter for a comment,” she says, posting a screenshot of her tweet asking to speak with him to discuss the topic she’s working on .

“When I logged in to see if he had responded to our inquiry, I was suspended. I have not received any communication from the company regarding the reasons for my suspension or the conditions I raped,” Taylor Lorenz adds.

A number of suspended accounts

Elon Musk earlier this week suspended the Twitter accounts of several journalists whom he accused of putting his family at risk. The controversy began Wednesday when the head of Tesla and SpaceX announced he was suspending @elonjet, an account that automatically reported the trips on his private jet. Some accounts then tweeted about the decision. These were reinstated on Saturday, but some said they were told to delete certain posts if they wanted to make full use of the platform.

Elon Musk had drawn the ire of the European Union and the United Nations by suspending reports from journalists from CNN, the New York Times and the Washington Post in particular, and the vice president of the European Commission even threatened him with sanctions.

Leave a Comment